Thank you for your interest in becoming a Registrar for the .BANK and/or .INSURANCE Top-Level Domains (TLDs). For Registrars selling .BANK and/or .INSURANCE domain names, there are additional requirements of them to support these trusted, verified and more secure TLDs. Registrars committed to meeting these requirements, including those in the fTLD Operations Pledge and Registrar FAQ, may also be capable of providing support and services to Registrants seeking assistance in transitioning their websites and/or email to .BANK or .INSURANCE, or understanding how to comply with the Registrant Security Requirements. Below are the on-boarding steps required to become an fTLD Registrar. Please note steps two and three may be done in parallel.
Let us know you are interested in becoming an fTLD Registrar by following these steps and we will confirm your eligibility.
- Complete the fTLD Registrar Application with required supporting documents and sign the fTLD Non-Disclosure Agreement, and then email them to registrar@fTLD.com. If you are already an fTLD Registrar and are adding a TLD (.BANK or .INSURANCE), you only need to send an email to registrar@fTLD.com indicating any changes to your application.
- fTLD will review your application and contact you with any questions.
- Upon approval of your application, fTLD will send you a copy of the RRA and Pricing Addendum along with other information to assist in your review of the requirements for becoming an fTLD Registrar. Please review the contract and its requirements thoroughly and contact fTLD with any questions.
- Once all terms of the RRA are understood, please complete all fields in the PDF form, sign and return the RRA to fTLD. Be sure to include the URL where the updated version of your Registration Agreement will be located in Exhibit A of the RRA and attach an updated copy of your Registration Agreement including the required fTLD obligations, as detailed in the documents provided in step three.
- fTLD will review the signed RRA and your Registration Agreement. If there are any questions, fTLD will work with you to resolve the issues. Once fTLD’s review is successfully completed, fTLD will sign the RRA and provide you with a fully executed version for your files.
- Please proceed to complete the Verisign Onboarding process. fTLD will provide you with the information and an OT&E credential necessary to begin the Token Validation System Onboarding process as well as access to all other fTLD Registrar support materials via the Registrar Web Portal.
- VERISIGN ONBOARDING
Complete the additional contracts that may be needed to establish your relationship with Verisign, fTLD’s Registry Service Provider, and then complete any required testing to ensure your system will support EPP transactions in Verisign for fTLD processing.
- If you are not currently a .COM or .NET Registrar, go to the Verisign site and complete their Registrar Onboarding process. Once this process has been completed, skip to step four below.
- If you are currently a .COM or .NET Registrar and have already signed a Verisign Platform Access Service Order for other new gTLDs, proceed to step three. Otherwise complete this agreement as described on the Verisign site.
- Complete and sign a Service Order Form for .BANK and/or .INSURANCE as described on the Verisign site.
- Verisign will provide you with the credentials needed to test your EPP server interface for the selected TLD. If you have used the Verisign pendingCreate process with other domains, you should not need to do any further testing in Verisign.
- Verisign will notify you and fTLD when you have successfully completed testing and are ready to process registrations for the selected TLDs. NOTE: You may not submit registrations for the selected TLD(s) to Verisign until you have received production credentials for the Token Validation System Onboarding process. Any registrations submitted prior to completing the fTLD Registrar Onboarding process are subject to rejection.
- Once you have completed the Token Validation System Onboarding process (step three), you can proceed to Confirmation (step four).
- TOKEN VALIDATION SYSTEM ONBOARDING
In order to provide Registrars with access to the Token Validation System, which is included in the Registrar Web Portal, there are two types of credentials required for each Registrar. Once the OT&E testing is complete, fTLD will provide you Production credentials.
- OT&E Credential: the same account is used for both the Registrar Web Portal and the API. fTLD will provide each Registrar with one OT&E credential consisting of a unique email address and assigned password.
- Production Credentials: two accounts are required for production. One account will allow access to the Registrar Web Portal and the other for API. Each account must have a unique email address and will be provided an assigned password.
To be fully approved for domain name(s) registrations, you must:
- Complete the Application Process;
- Receive confirmation from fTLD that your proposed multi-factor authentication process meets the fTLD Operations Pledge (see letter L) accessible here;
- Complete the Verisign Onboarding process;
- Complete the Token Validation System Onboarding process (OT&E and Production); and
- Once these steps are completed, fTLD will add your logo and URL to the APPROVED REGISTRARS list for .BANK and/or .INSURANCE.
If you have questions, please contact registrar@fTLD.com.