Earlier this year fTLD received approval from ICANN for its new Dynamic Registration Verification (DRV) process which was rolled out on April 11, 2018. This new process will create a better user experience for registering and maintaining domain names. DRV will also be appealing to ICANN-Accredited Registrars that are not currently carrying .BANK and .INSURANCE as the domains are high value, have exceptionally strong renewal rates and have multiple revenue driving add-on services registrars can offer/provide.
Highlights of DRV include:
- Verification is now conducted by fTLD before registration
- Registrars no longer need to collect and transmit registration information or perform any verification services themselves
- Prospective registrants may identify their registrar of choice during the verification process to have their registration token sent directly to the registrar
- Registrars simply decode our registration token to proceed with adding the domain name(s)
Please see the following resources for additional information:
- FAQ for Registrars
- FAQs for .BANK and .INSURANCE
- Verification Application for .BANK
- Verification Application for .INSURANCE
- Verification Process Overview
- Registrar Assisted Migration Program (RAMP)
- Third-Party Provider Program (.BANK and .INSURANCE)
Questions about this information should be submitted to fTLD@fTLD.com.